The Inside History ethos:
Inside History is aimed at people passionate about history and heritage, whether it’s their own family’s ancestry, or in a broader social context. Published bi-monthly, Inside History provides insightful, interesting and practical features to its readers. Its 80 or so pages are packed with advice, articles and expert tips on genealogy, and stories on Australia and New Zealand’s varied social history, from tales about century-old houses and country towns, to heritage gardens and the biographies of our famous (and infamous) citizens.
Inside History. What do we do?
- highlights and promotes Australia and New Zealand’s diverse history, to help readers interested in discovering their family’s past
- provides a platform for historical organisations, societies, bookshops and anyone involved in history to showcase their work, collections and events to a national audience
- provides a place to share the uplifting, fascinating and bittersweet tales that make Australia and New Zealand what it is today.
Our contributors. What are we looking for?
Inside History is open to a wide range of writers throughout Australia and New Zealand. We encourage historians and genealogists to contact us if they are interested in contributing an article, book or website review, interview or images appropriate to Inside History. If you have a great story that needs to be told, or practical advice that will help our readers in tracing, preserving and documenting their family history, we want to hear from you.
Generally articles need to be:
- around 1000-1200 words in length, although this can vary depending on the subject
- chatty and informal, with accurate and engaging content. References need to be included as endnotes if any archival records are quoted
- supplied with high-res images or suggested images, if possible.
Articles will be edited for house style, length and clarity if need be but always in consultation with the writer.
Please contact our editor, Cassie Mercer on 0408 004090 or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org, if you would like to discuss your work in more detail. We'd love to hear from you.
We look forward to working with you and seeing your research published in Inside History!
The Inside History magazine team
Explore your past, enrich your future