- We're celebrating Australia's first superstar - Dame Nellie Melba! It's the 150th anniversary of our covergirl, and we look at how she became an international sensation
- Learn how to find an elusive maiden name of an ancestor
- Discover how to get more information out of death certificates
- How state teachers' records can be a genealogy goldmine
- Read about the mythical monsters that scared our ancestors silly
And there's much more - in fact, 76 pages of terrific features, practical information on family tree research, chances to network with other genealogists, competitions and product reviews.
Issue # 4 is available online now and will be in newsagents nationally from Wednesday, 18th May 2011.
Melba as Manon in the opera, Manon
May 19 marks the 150th anniversary of Dame Nellie Melba’s birth. In issue 4, out now, Sue Thompson, from Lilydale & District History Society, looks at the soprano’s pioneering spirit in all things musical. Here, we offer a peak at some of the wonderful images that have survived of Australia's first superstar. All images courtesy Pamela, Lady Vestey and Lilydale & District History Society.